Sunday, September 25, 2011

Recollection of the Buddha


Recollection of the Buddha

The practice I would like to show you is called Recollection of the Buddha and it is taught in every school of Buddhism.
SIt down quietly, breathe in and out for a few minutes to calm yourself, and then ask, "Little Buddha, are you there?"
Ask the question very deeply and quietly. In the beginning you may not hear an answer. There is always an answwer, but if you are not calm enough, you won't hear it.
"Little Buddha are you there?" And then one day you will hear the voice of your little Buddha answering, "Yes, my dear, of course. I am always here for you."
Hearing this you smile. "I know, little Buddha, you are my calm. I know you are always there, and I need you to help me be calm.. I shout and I act as if I don't have a Buddha in me. Thankyou little Buddha I need you to be there."
The little Buddha says, "Of course I'll be here for you all the time. Just come inside and visit me when you need to."
That is the practice of touching the Buddha inside. It's a very important practice for all of us.
--Thich Nhat Hanh--

No comments:

Post a Comment