Friday, December 30, 2011

Home Meditation Space by Thich Nhat Hanh Part 3

We are so used to running around, even at home, that stopping is a hard habit to develop.
Visual cues places throughout the house can serve aa gentle reminders that now is
the perfect time to stop and be aware of the present moment. To help, you can write
out these little poems, called gathas, and put them somewhere you can't help but
see them. Here are some gathas and suggestions of where to put them:

For the Bedside Table:
Waking up this morning, I smile.
Twenty- four brand new hours are before me.
I vow to live fully in each moment
And to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.

For the Bathroom Mirror:
Brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth,
I vow to speak purely and lovingly.
When my mouth is fragrant with right speech,
A flower blooms in the garden of my heart.

Near a Vase of Flowers:
Water keeps the flower fresh.
The Flower and I are one.
When the flower breathes, I breathe.
When the flower smiles, I smile.

By The Garden:
Water and Sun
Green these plants.
When the rain of compassion falls
Even a desert becomes an immense green ocean.

Near the Computer:
The mind is like a computer
With thousands of pages.
I choose a world that is tranquil and calm,
So that my joy will always be fresh.

On the door of the Breathing/Meditation Room:
Entering the room,
I see my true mind.
I vow that once I sit down,
All disturbances will stop.

On the Front Door:
I have arrived.
I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment